Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Adventure Begins

October 23-25

We finally got everything packed (it took several attempts to get it all to fit) and headed out at about 5 a.m. on Thursday, October 23.   We drove........and drove.....and drove and finally made it to the Utah border
And drove a little farther until we came to the red cliffs of Southern Utah around Kanab.
We finally made it to Provo about 4 p.m. and since we had lived there in 1971/1972, we felt pretty confident that we knew our way around that city.  However, within about 5 minutes I had navigated us to an unfamiliar road - luckily that road ran right into the one we should have taken so we continued with the driving toward Evanston, where my Mom and brother live.  On the way we saw some beautiful scenery.


We arrived about 6 p.m. and enjoyed 3 full days with my mom who will turn 91 in about 7 weeks and my youngest brother.   I took my mom shopping for some new pots and pans and a new vacuum.   When we got home from the store I was thinking how amazing it is that my mom can still live by herself and cook, clean, exercise, and enjoy life. 

I also had the opportunity to see some of my relatives (aunt and cousins) and a number of people that lived in the neighborhood and attended church with me as I was growing up.   I met one girl I went to high school with and she looked like she was about 40 years old - NOT FAIR!!!!  I loved getting to see and visit with old acquaintances, but most of all it was great to spend time with Mom and Mike!! That visit with them made it a great start to a great adventure :)







No comments:

Post a Comment